Our dress code is designed to ensure each student’s comfort, safety, and uniformity so that their teacher can give proper guidance.
• HAIR: Long hair must be tied back in a ponytail for all classes and in a bun for classical ballet. Great news for students of JBAD, we always have hair elastics available in our office and in each studio if you forget yours!
• NO JEWELRY, COSTUMES or PLAY CLOTHES: Remember loose or dangling jewelry and costumes other than proper dance skirts are a safety hazard and distraction for dancers and are not allowed. Jeans, jean shorts, play clothes, or school clothes are not suitable dance attire
• TIGHTS are required in all classes, unless noted otherwise.
• Click here for more specific information on dress code.
• Dancers are suggested to use the bathroom before class
• Dancers are invited to bring a water bottle into class
• Dancers should treat their teachers and classmates with kindness and respect.
• Attendance is very important for dancers at every age and ability level.
• Make every effort to attend all classes.
• We request that dancers wait inside for all rides and pick-up.
• Please practice extreme caution when going to and from cars and wear proper attire.
• Dancers taking multiple classes on any given day are requested to travel within the studio and not outside unattended.
• Dancers may make up any class missed in any appropriate class of their choice at any time within the school year.
• Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal vacations.
• Any dancer with an injury is encouraged to observe class in order not to fall behind with material.
• Dancers should inform their instructors of any recent illness, injury or other medical conditions that may affect stamina or performance.
• All injuries sustained while at JBAD must be reported and documented by filling out an injury report which is available in the office.